SoulDubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Peeps, a Shocking read!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AnimeCraze5

AnimeCraze5

Peeps, a Shocking read! Empty
PostSubject: Peeps, a Shocking read!   Peeps, a Shocking read! EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Has anyone ever read this book called Peeps? It's really good! Just when you think you know what's going on, a surprising twist is thrown in! The book is mainly about a guy who is a carrier of this disease that has no cure and is discovering why it's never been evaluated or heard of by doctors before...... X3
Back to top Go down
magical_wishes

magical_wishes

PostSubject: Re: Peeps, a Shocking read!   Peeps, a Shocking read! EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:38 am

This is quite possibly one of my favourite boooks EVER. Scott Westerfeld is a legend. Have you read any of his other books? The concept of this book is really interesting and... different. It is told well and doesn't bore me at all unlike other books. It's also very informative Smile
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes GOOD young adult fiction Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/magicalwishesmezza
AnimeCraze5

AnimeCraze5

PostSubject: Re: Peeps, a Shocking read!   Peeps, a Shocking read! EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:57 am

Well unfourtunately I haven't been able to. And yes it really does keep your attention!X3 I really want to read The Last Days and Leviathan, but I have to wait for the books to come from another library.DX
Back to top Go down
magical_wishes

magical_wishes

PostSubject: Re: Peeps, a Shocking read!   Peeps, a Shocking read! EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:07 pm

I have The Last Days! It's amazing! My friends say they liked it better than Peeps, but I disagree, although they are preetty close Smile
The Last Days is just a kind of spin-off, but with younger main characters and the sub-story (kinda) of them trying to form a band, so yeah, it's really good ^^
I'm reading Leviathan ATM, its not catching my attention as well as Peeps, but thats because it's about something totally different. Have you read the Uglies Series? Thats why I love Scott Westerfeld so much - all his series are totally different Smile Uglies was futuristic, then he has Peeps, TLD and So Yesterday, which are New York present day stories, and his new series Leviathan, which is alternate historical fiction Smile
Totally random, but have you read World Shaker? Smile
Back to top Go down
AnimeCraze5

AnimeCraze5

PostSubject: Re: Peeps, a Shocking read!   Peeps, a Shocking read! EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:52 am

Lucky!X3Oh my gosh, the Uglies series sounds so cool!X3 I was reading about it online and yeah, gotta add it to my reading list. (Although i should be reading my school book- bleh) Authors with diversity are very interesting, but i don't really choose a specific author unless i like the first (or first few)book(s). And so i jump from book to book- series from series.World Shaker, i haven't heard of it. What's it about?
Back to top Go down
magical_wishes

magical_wishes

PostSubject: Re: Peeps, a Shocking read!   Peeps, a Shocking read! EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:40 am

Yeah, the Uglies series is really good Smile I personally prefer Peeps better, but yeah that's just me xD I'll leave you to make up your own opinions Smile
Yeah I uisually don't choose a favourite author, but there's never good young adult fiction nowadays! (No offense, but due to the over-commericiallism i won't touch any vampire novels)
World Shaker is a steampunk-y story about people living in this big... air... crap i forgot the word xD
It's really good, but boring at first. It's worth it tho Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peeps, a Shocking read!   Peeps, a Shocking read! Empty

Back to top Go down

Peeps, a Shocking read!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoulDubs :: ChitChat :: Books-
Jump to: