SoulDubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Pet Peeves

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AmyAnn
Admin
AmyAnn

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 am

The small irritances in life that don't make you mad but just annoy you.

Mine, the fact that I can't say no or the fact that I hate people stressing so I volunteer for things when I know I can't handle them.
I will now be working until 11:30 on
Sat - Sun [This weekend]
Weds - Thurs
Sat - Sun
Tues - Thurs

Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://amyannava.yolasite.com/
Angelic-Rainbow

Angelic-Rainbow

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:45 pm

Things that just annoy me are very few xD But one that I can think of on the spot it people who change oc's in the middle of a story, or an rp, or things like that.

For example making your character like a whole new species is totally out of the question. But even changing height in the middle of something. Even small things like that really REALLY annoy me : | Don't ask why... I guess I just have more respect for me oc's than that...
Back to top Go down
Mitsuki

Mitsuki

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:26 am

Well.. I guess that I'm annoyed really fast. Most of the time on school. I'm sitting next to a boy who's a year younger than we are and he's very smart. (If I say very smart, I mean very very very) But every lesson he ask stupid things or he tells me a story for 3 or more times. That really annoys me and when it's so warm like this, it annoys me even faster. And when we've got our test back I can't even watch to it because he has already toke it away from me to look if I had the same answers as him! I just want to have a silent place during lessons but it can't because he's always talking or having little fights with other boys from my class O.o
Back to top Go down
AmyAnn
Admin
AmyAnn

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:51 am

I'd suggest telling the teacher that it annoys you.

My pet peeve is spelling errors. I know that alot of people on here don't have English as their first language so I don't mind it too much here, but I can be a real spelling Nazi. I also hate the following when it comes to such things
- Usernames with lots of numbers and unnecessary symbols
- pEoPlE wHo TyPe LiKe ThIs xxx <3 xx DeSu
- People who slip Japanese words into random English sentences. I have a small habit of this myself but I hate it when someone goes "Oh my god, that is so kawaii!!!" ... GET A LIFE.
Back to top Go down
Yamiko

Yamiko

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:11 am

AmyAnn wrote:

- Usernames with lots of numbers and unnecessary symbols
- pEoPlE wHo TyPe LiKe ThIs xxx <3 xx DeSu

This. If someone adds me as a friend on a site, I even tend to accept only the usernames without numbers and unnecessary symbols. Also, usernames like XxAnimeChickxX or ~Naruto-fan~ Lol I'm weird.
I don't really hate people who use Japanese words in English sentences, since I tend to do that quite a lot myself too. (Don't hate me Amy! D8) But I do hate it when people try to show off their Japanese and make a lot of mistakes. O.o
The other day I stumbled on someone in a character-match-voting-poll-thing who was saying things like

"I vote for Kanade-chan. Gombate Kanade-chan! Kimmi wa zeetti makenai dakara wakata wakata desu nano."

I mean if you want to show off your Japanese, at least do it properly. >.>

Also, I tend to have more respect for people who type full sentences with capitals and stuff. For example, when I get a friends request that says.

"Hi, want to be friends?" I accept it sooner that one that says "hi i added u plz add me back thx"
Back to top Go down
http://yaminootaku.blogspot.com/
AmyAnn
Admin
AmyAnn

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:31 am

Quote :
I don't really hate people who use Japanese words in English sentences, since I tend to do that quite a lot myself too. (Don't hate me Amy! D8) But I do hate it when people try to show off their Japanese and make a lot of mistakes. O.o

No, this is exactly how I am. I do tend to use the odd Japanese here and there but it's when people completely overpower their first language with Japanese words, especially when they're unsure how to actually use the words or what they mean.
The main thing that bugs me is when people say "That is so kawaii!!11!!!34!!!" but they say it like "kowaii"...is it really scary? Really?

Quote :
Also, I tend to have more respect for people who type full sentences with capitals and stuff.

Completely agree, 100%.
Back to top Go down
Yamiko

Yamiko

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 5:45 pm

Another thing that annoys me:

People in The Netherlands are horrible during the Soccer World Cup, they go completely crazy, but I'm used to that now. But one thing that really annoys me is that a lot of people talk about the soccer team like they're in it. They're like:

"Hell yeah! We won against Brasilia!"
No. The soccer team won against Brasilia's. All you did was watching the match on TV, dressed in orange, while drinking liters of beer and making too much noise.

But, even more annoying, most of them only do it when the Dutch soccer team is doing well!

If The Netherlands won something they're like "Yay we won!" But when the Netherlands lose a game then all of a sudden it's: "Oh my God. They got owned by Spain!" O.o Dutch people + Soccer = Weird
I'm glad it's over. >.>
And I think The Netherlands lost, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
AmyAnn
Admin
AmyAnn

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:00 pm

A thing that seems to have suddenly taken a HUGE burst in popularity lately.

GINGERS ARE NOT F**KING DISABLED, OK?!
It seriously bugs me. Sure, I can take a joke, yeah, but after the 1000+th time, it gets annoying and irritating. Also, ginger is a food, people. The term is "redheads", gingers are a f**king spice or seasoning or whatever. Learn to use your English properly and learn when things aren't funny anymore.

"ew eye gotz to avoed u bcos u r ginger nd eye mite cach it"
Do us all a favour and shove your head onto a spiked fence, please. It's not funny anymore.
Back to top Go down
Yamiko

Yamiko

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:16 am

O.o

What the hell?! Why? Redheads are so pretty! Well not all of them, I mean the red hair is pretty. I really like red hear, and I don't think people bully redheads in the Netherlands...

And about redheads being disabled, that of course is total bullshit, but it's true that red hair is caused by a mutation in the DNA. It's too complicated for me to explain it in English, but anyway it doesn't have anything to do with the health of a redhead (except most of the time they're sensitive to sunburn and don't tan fast) and it's in any case NOT contageous. O.o

Anyway Amy, you shouldn't let it bother you that much. of course it's annoying, but it's not really because you're a redhead. People will always find something to bully other people with, if it's not your haircolor, than it's because you're fat, because you're black, because you're ears are to big, because you're forehead is too high, because you're wearing glasses, because your nose looks funny, because you have freckles, because you wear braces, because your socks don't match your underwear and so on. It's human nature, I guess.
Back to top Go down
AmyAnn
Admin
AmyAnn

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 7:12 am

I know all of that, I wasn't taking it as a personal attack, I mean overall. On TV, on the internet, real life...people keep making this joke that we're all disabled. Since I have redhair, it does get directed at me sometimes but I know that it's not properly meant in that way. It's just annoying and frustrating after the 10000000th time of hearing it.
Back to top Go down
magical_wishes

magical_wishes

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:40 am

I HATE HATE when someone sticks their nose into your conversation, especially if they don't notice that they're unwanted >.> We have a girl like that at our school. We're not trying to be mean but she assumes she's best friends with us but really... she's not.
Bah, that sounded bitchy XD But I'm sure you've all had to deal with really frustrating people >.<

I also hate tone deaf people :X
Especially if they think they're good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/magicalwishesmezza
AmyAnn
Admin
AmyAnn

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:32 am

^^^^^^ in reply to that

People who think they're your best friend when they're not and they won't leave you the hell alone.

==================================================

[Edit so I don't have to doublepost]

The fact that, whenever I'm sick, my boss just doesn't care. I was in one night and actually went out the back to be physically sick and nearly fainted against the workunits. She just said "Oh well, you gotta get on with it". Then she calls in her son, not even an hour later, just because her feet are hurting a little and I had to stay all f**king night. Now, I am sitting here, choking my lungs up, and she doesn't give a shit. All she cares is that she can't find anyone else to do the shift. She hasn't even called anyone to ask. FML. I swear, with my coughing I hope the food we serve gets infected because then people can complain and she'll have no choice but to let me stay off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Pet Peeves   General Pet Peeves Empty

Back to top Go down

General Pet Peeves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoulDubs :: ChitChat :: General-
Jump to: