SoulDubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shade's Children and Supernaturalists

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Phantomdubber

Phantomdubber

Shade's Children and Supernaturalists Empty
PostSubject: Shade's Children and Supernaturalists   Shade's Children and Supernaturalists EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Being the hardcore fantasy fan that I am, I generally stray away from science Fic (even if I love all the ones that I read :S). However as I love most of Garth Nix's books and own pretty much everyone I had to read Shade's Children.

It's a very original plot and is written in a strange way that I haven't seen before (in the form of 3rd person documenting the movements of mainly the main character Gold Eye, diary entry's from various other characters and thoughts and feelings of the books Antogonist/Protagonist Shade).

I have managed to read this book at least four times =]

Similarly I have read the Supernaturalists by irish author Eoin Colfer (who wrote the popular series Artemis Fowl) many many times. This was strange as I have so far only been able to read one of the Artemis Fowl books as I get so bored XD.

So in my eyes this is a stellar read. It also is set in the future and also documents the travelings of a small band of children and teenagers. The world created in this book was very well written and exactly what you would expect to see in the future. The machinery and new inventions were really ingenious and I would never have imagined such things myself.

So if I were you, I'd try to read both sometime!
Back to top Go down
DeadlyWhispers
Owner
DeadlyWhispers

PostSubject: Re: Shade's Children and Supernaturalists   Shade's Children and Supernaturalists EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:46 pm

I don't really read English books but I'll definitely check it out! <33

oh and by the way, I adore your icon... ;w;

sexy Gakupo is sexy
Back to top Go down
https://fandubbing.forummotion.com
namia4

namia4

PostSubject: Re: Shade's Children and Supernaturalists   Shade's Children and Supernaturalists EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:01 pm

well i tend to write books my self and i'm hoping to post so of it on here! i hope all of ya'll might take a peek at it.
Back to top Go down
Phantomdubber

Phantomdubber

PostSubject: Re: Shade's Children and Supernaturalists   Shade's Children and Supernaturalists EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:01 pm

Neither of them are english XD Irish and Australian all the way

DeadlyWhispers wrote:
I don't really read English books but I'll definitely check it out! <33

oh and by the way, I adore your icon... ;w;

sexy Gakupo is sexy
Back to top Go down
AnimeCraze5

AnimeCraze5

PostSubject: Re: Shade's Children and Supernaturalists   Shade's Children and Supernaturalists EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:54 pm

@namia4 you write books!? Awesome! What kind of genre is it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shade's Children and Supernaturalists   Shade's Children and Supernaturalists Empty

Back to top Go down

Shade's Children and Supernaturalists
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoulDubs :: ChitChat :: Books-
Jump to: