SoulDubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HELP! :( Singing Slump!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
earthangel200us

earthangel200us

HELP! :( Singing Slump! Empty
PostSubject: HELP! :( Singing Slump!   HELP! :( Singing Slump! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:36 am

I went on a singing hiatus. As much as I miss singing I can't seem to get any recordings I like. Sad Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to get back on track? I have confidence issues even though I've been dubbing for 2 years. I have a YT channel and I'm very close to 800 subs which is A LOT. :O I don't even understand how I have so many. I seem to get dislikes on my videos almost instantly after I post it. Sad I guess I could just be paranoid but I feel like someone is trolling me. Plus... I had some people say some rude things about me and my voice. ;-; So now I get self-conscious behind the mic. I feel a bit pressured to do good because of that. I know I shouldn't care what people think but it kinda upset me. I just don't know what to do. I really miss singing but I kinda lose it when I'm about to record. I used to have so much fun... Now... It just sucks.

I used to have a lot more solo covers on my channel... Now I have 3 or 4 because I deleted the others. It really makes me sad because I don't have any covers that I'm really proud of save for one. I think I have issues. lol. I feel like I'm going backwards and getting worse rather than better. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AssenavxActress
AmyAnn
Admin
AmyAnn

PostSubject: Re: HELP! :( Singing Slump!   HELP! :( Singing Slump! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm exactly the same. I stopped singing altogether because of the whole self-confidence and troll thing but I'm past the point of caring. If you enjoy singing, then do it. It's like how I enjoy producing even if I don't think I'm good at it. If you enjoy something and want to share that skill then go ahead. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There will always be someone out there who doesn't like your work, yourself being one, but there are thousands more others who love to see or hear the skill that you are willing to share. It's really up to your own personal judgement between two choices: Give up and hate yourself for doing so or keep going for it, ignore the trolls and have the time of your life.
Back to top Go down
http://amyannava.yolasite.com/
earthangel200us

earthangel200us

PostSubject: Re: HELP! :( Singing Slump!   HELP! :( Singing Slump! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:30 pm

Yea. T_T Thank you! <3 I really should just ignore it. It's just annoying. It's like... if you don't like my videos WHY are you even watching them? I guess they just dislike all of them for the lulz. Who knows... There seems to be a lot of trolling and bullying more so on the internet than there has ever been IRL. :O I guess it's just convenient and it's easier for people to text it or type it than say it to their face.
Back to top Go down
xJuliet

xJuliet

PostSubject: Re: HELP! :( Singing Slump!   HELP! :( Singing Slump! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 3:19 pm

I have or better had a lack of self-confidence too, not particulary in singing but in many things I did. And I always believed in those trolls who said I was weird and I radomly accepted it, I believed I was weird (but also thought: So be it)

But since a while I understand it's not me and also not you who is weird, stupid or whatever they say about you. It's them those trolls who probably comment on your video just to get you down because they're bored

So instead of blaming yourself blame them
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xPatatieJx
Yamiko

Yamiko

PostSubject: Re: HELP! :( Singing Slump!   HELP! :( Singing Slump! EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 pm

It'd be a crying shame if you gave up singing because of this, because seriously you are really talented. And when I comment on one of your videos I admit I don't read everything, but most of the time all I see is positive feedback, also, like you said, you're close to 800 subscribers! I know it's painful to get negative comments, but if they're rude, you shouldn't take it seriously. If people really dislike your video's for a reason, they can always say it in a normal way, and specify what it is that they don't like so you could improve. Comments that are just plain mean, saying things like "you suck" are probably just bored, like Juliet said. If you like singing, just sing. Even if it would sound, it's not like you're forcing anyone to listen! And I for one DO enjoy listening to your covers. And remember, dislike buttons are only there to show the contrast between likes and dislikes, and I bet you get more likes than dislikes, am I right? Wink Just focus on the people who DO appreciate your singing, their comments are the only ones worth noticing.
Back to top Go down
http://yaminootaku.blogspot.com/
earthangel200us

earthangel200us

PostSubject: Re: HELP! :( Singing Slump!   HELP! :( Singing Slump! EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:19 am

Thank you guys. T_T I really appreciate the advice. <3 *HUGS* I'm definitely not giving up. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! :( Singing Slump!   HELP! :( Singing Slump! Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP! :( Singing Slump!
Page 1 of 1