SoulDubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Do You Think of Critiques?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
earthangel200us

earthangel200us

What Do You Think of Critiques? Empty
PostSubject: What Do You Think of Critiques?   What Do You Think of Critiques? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:13 am

What is your opinion on Critiques?

This is how I critique:

- I point out something I like. I hate that some people just point out everything that they don't like and never find anything positive about it.

- Then, I point out things I feel could be a bit better. Maybe the acting, the mixing, etc.

- I try to stay positive and I don't nit-pick.

- I also don't sugarcoat it and be like, "OMGLIKEYOUWERESOAWESOMEDESU!" XD

- I try to critique people who can A) Handle critiques or B) Want critiques.

- Saying things like, "GAY FANDUB" or "This sucks cuz it doesn't sound like the character." does NOT help!

*I believe that life is too short to take everything so seriously. Fandubbing included. Whether you are going pro or just doing it for fun... you should at least remember to chill.*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AssenavxActress
ani-chan

ani-chan

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think of Critiques?   What Do You Think of Critiques? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 4:45 pm

haha, I wouldn't call that sugarcoating... sometimes I really believe that something is seriously awesome. Some people don't get enough love sometimes, so I think giving compliments is good, as long as you really believe what your saying. I love critiques but I think it is true that you can't be too harsh on people. Very Happy I guess that's caz I'm not a very good singer, when you don't get a lot of good compliments, having a few will really make your day and push you forward to keep singing. or, at least, that's how I see it.....
Back to top Go down
AmyAnn
Admin
AmyAnn

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think of Critiques?   What Do You Think of Critiques? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:53 am

Due to the method that I use to critique, some people have taken great offense and there have even been threats towards me about things and people calling me a bad producer and such. If you can't take a critique then don't f**king ask for one.

The way I critique is quite simple. Being a perfectionist, I can pick up on faults very easily. I spend quite alot of the critique explaining where the faults are and offer advice on how to fix them. For example, I might receive an audition that lacks energy. I will then say to the person where the main energy should be, since there is always a centre point to the line, and how the energy should be [hyper, happy, angry, etc]. I concentrate more on faults than I do on good points.

Not saying that I don't touch on the good points at all. If I do enjoy something about their performance, such as the tone they used or how a line is delivered, then I will definetely mention it in hopes that the said person keeps it up in later auditions or works. I like to be as indepth as possible so as to allow people to improve and gain more work later on. I have worked with a number of people now and some of them had only just began when they started voicing for me and they have said that my critiques help them in developing and maintaining their skills. You'll always get those jerks who are all "omg u sux i hop u die" but those are the ones who need to grow-up [and learn how to form a proper sentence]. The way I see it, if everyone is always just pointing out good things or, god forbid, being all "omg ur supah awsm desu" then where are you going to improve? The person will think that everything they're doing is perfect and flawless and they'll never learn to develop their skills.
Back to top Go down
http://amyannava.yolasite.com/
earthangel200us

earthangel200us

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think of Critiques?   What Do You Think of Critiques? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:17 am

@ani-chan LOL. Well, what I mean is that sometimes people don't really put a lot of meaning behind their comments. Some people just post things like, "Good job." or "Amazing." Personally, I like to get a little more than that. I want something more in-depth. ^^ And compliments are always nice but I also like to help people improve as well.

@AmyAnn Threats?! O_O That's... a bit extreme... Ahhh... yes. Your style is quite similar to one my friends. He's very picky and has a good ear for things. To be honest I really didn't like him at first cuz I thought he was just being mean. XD But in fact, he has helped me greatly. ^_^ I learned a lot from him and although he does tease me on occasion I am really grateful for his help. Smile That's what I love about the community. At first, we don't realize it but in the end we really learn a lot from each other.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AssenavxActress
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think of Critiques?   What Do You Think of Critiques? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Do You Think of Critiques?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoulDubs :: Life :: Debates-
Jump to: